Learning


I am trying to use my little garden as a teaching tool. I am hoping to learn how to have patience. I don't have it, I don't think I ever had it. But after realizing that my garden will not look like the ones in the magazines or seed catalog as soon as a seed goes in!!! Each day I do see something different, sometimes not big changes, but change. I have to learn to be grateful for the little things. Be patient for the larger picture to evolve. Learn that!!! I read in of of my many magazines,this quote "It isn't the great big pleasures that count the most; it's making a great deal out of the little ones." I think this goes along in my lesson plan, but have always believed in this. That is how memories are made. One small action at a time. Why can't I see that with patience. So, I am hoping this garden project will help me get a better grip on it. I do love sitting back there. listening to Jimmy buffet, or rocking while I am weeding to AC/DC, I really like Black Ice, every song is a good one! Especially Big Jack.

It is really windy outside, I just tied up some wayward tomatoes branches, oh boy! are they thick and I hope one of the posts will be tall enough to deal. Lots of yellow tomatoes coming. I used my basil on a pizza, improved the pizza 100%. Tons of flowers on the pumpkins. Arms growing everywhere, now I am not sure if what I think are my cukes are really zucchini, and if that is the case, I replanted more zucchini, instead of what I wanted to CUKES!!! What happened that day, I might of had a small stroke, because what I have on my drawing is not how it is growing in the garden! But it is still a pretty little garden, and doing very well for a first year one. But I do know that, the ground is really hard, next time I need to get a better tiller back there. That is why I think everything is so nice and leafy, but really shallow roots. The roots cannot penetrate the ground. Next year will be better.... now that is being patient, I am not even disappointed, but being patient!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cranberry Wild Rice Bread....MMMMMMMM

Potato Zucchini pancakes

A Perfect Day