I love taking black and white pictures. Now, I can do it with either my camera, or a program on the machine. That is pretty cool. But I do miss using my my SLR. I took time to really see the picture, and took my time snapping. Now, they don't call it point and shoot for nothing. I have gotten so lazy at taking pictures, mistaking quantity for quality. My God! I am turning into a Walmart mentality. Any how.... I do miss the vibrant reds of Kodachrome slides, had to use that in school for color projects, and now they don't make it anymore!!! I liked Black and White so much better, you always developed your own rolls. And that was allot of fun. When I understand the process, everything is so much easier for me. I never got the hang of color developing, never understood the ratio's, chemistry, way too much for me to retain. Mine was so much simpler, so my best work was done in Black and White. I am just drawn to shadows and darkness.

I do love all styles of photography, but Black and White is what really draws me in. I see honesty and truth when looking at the photographers vision. I have always been really good at seeing a picture, now I just have to practice a bit of that with this camera. My last digital was a early model, did not have any of the gadgets this one has. I still haven't learned how to work half the programs in the little thing. I think that is another problem, it is so small, I forget that I have all these programs in it. The gadgets to my SLR are huge! The zoom must be 9 inches, the flash is another gadget. Then you have two other lenses to cart around along with everything else, and I have a expandable tri-pod for long exposures. I am good at Urban photography, that's where my eye gets it's inspiration. I can frame- out a nice forest snap, but I know it will not have the heart of my Urban work.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cranberry Wild Rice Bread....MMMMMMMM

Potato Zucchini pancakes

A Perfect Day