How good it is....


Another BEAUTIFUL day outside! I know we need rain really bad, but this spring has been incredible so far. It makes you really want to get that garden going, but I know a cold snap is still out their somewhere. It would be unbelievable to have the garden in and growing by the middle of May! But I do not have that much trust in Mother Nature , she could decide to play a number of dirty tricks as soon as I put plants and seeds in the ground. I have so many plants in containers, having to haul everything in at night is just stupid. So, it is now the waiting game. The compost will be deliveredthe second week of May. 7 yards will refill all the beds and barrels, enough for the containers. I am still in a quandry over how to plant that big urn. I found a yellow color scheme that was really fluid. But it was all yellow, now I am thinking, blueberries. I can fit two plants in it. No, it is made for flowers, I will get a barrel for the blueberries. Those will be with the hanging strawberries. All I have left is vertical now! This is it for the garden. I have nowhere else to go but front yard. And I did ask to plant something, they said go ahead. Sooooo...... Depending on how much compost is left over, I could build a flower bed. What would go in it? Glad you asked that. The vocal point would be a wild rose bush, and until it gets big, I will be able to work around it with cosmos, a patch of chives, creeping thyme. Keep it very informal and a bit off balance. I don't dare put anything ornamental in front, it would vanish within a few days.
I was just ouside for about an hour, it is chilly, Canadian cold front trying to come down. Back inside to warmth. My hands freeze fast. I have plenty of inside work to do. And really, a few more hours in the back to prep is all that is left until the compost comes.
I have gotten alot of squares done, seems in the last week the basket is now heaping and over flowing. And new square patterns keep emerging. I noticed I am knitting more and more. I like the patterns I come up with. And with the novelty yarns, you have to knit, I do anyway, I can't see the stiches if I try to crotchet. Listening to some old Elton John. Forget how good the music was. I lost the spell check , and I am really bad at proof reading, it is called being lazy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cranberry Wild Rice Bread....MMMMMMMM

Potato Zucchini pancakes

A Perfect Day