Project... Memory Life List





I think (not a good thing), that the biggest regret I will have in life is not keeping up with my family, and heritage. I am watching people go to a funeral right now. Yes, I watch the dead come and go, I also watch allot of drunks come and go. The front has a very urban view! Anyway... I come from a very rich heritage, the food, music, art,religion. I love the language, listening to it anyway. But, most are dead that spoke it all the time. And the distance is greater, when we get older.And it always seems that there is always one person in your family who has the power to gather everyone together. Once they pass, their shoes do not get filled by someone younger. We lost the importance of extended family. I think that is because we grew up, then moved away. And we had to depend on ourselves, then the friends we made. Years go by, and we see each other at funerals,and go back to our lives.But all the people that have made my memories last deserve a few paragraphs. One of the dancers in the photograph is my Aunt Mary. The eldest of my Aunts and Uncles. Besides my mother( who is the youngest), the last alive. She has lived in Hamilton most of her adult life, married to my Uncle Bill until death do us part. Lost a daughter, Jeanine to cancer, just lost her son to a heat attack. I can count the times on one hand that I met her, but I do have memories of every time! She loves BINGO,as did most of my Aunts .and my Baba. Bingo, one of those memories that is hard to classify, in the category of nightmares or odd but very interesting. It was a nightmare as it was happening, but now that I can look back on it and see the people that surrounded me in those smokey Bingo halls, especially the one at the Ukrainian Hall across from the church.All those elderly ladies chatting away in a language I understood very little, and I never listened. But they all knew who I was. Being the daughter of a wild child, who learned her lesson the hard way... by having me out of wedlock to someone to this day goes unnamed.And my Mums family is very prominent and respected in the Ukrainian community. What the hell does this have to do with bingo? Background. Memories. I have a rich history. Someday I want to write everyone down who I know something about, or my own personal memory, so many interesting people have been in my life, not all have been good people, but still interesting. I think if you did that, it would make a great outline for your life. I have great memories with all my Aunts and Uncles, I had a cousin who was a waitress on roller skates at the local A&W. Wonderful little life episodes. I am hoping I have a few from now when I look back on my present life. But that is my next project ... The Memory Life List

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cranberry Wild Rice Bread....MMMMMMMM

Potato Zucchini pancakes

A Perfect Day