Mid August Garden Update







The mid-August Backyard up-date has now begun. We will get the major issues over with right at the start! Lack of colors, I planted things en mass, so I do not have room for variety and color. I have to work n that and get a few different pops of color in spots for next year. I really think that is my only major complaint to come out of my first year.





DAY LILY BED: Doing really well, they will not flower this year, but I love the color green, and I threw in a few Cosmo seedlings I had , and some zinnia seeds, they are about to bloom, just small plants. That bed will be opened up in the fall. I plan to border it in tulips.





SUNFLOWERS: To the top of the shed, the smaller one have flower heads, they make me proud!





THE FUNKY AREA: The mints need to be divided really bad, the scented geraniums are beautiful, I can't wait to get more! All the viola's and pansy's are just sitting pretty in there colorful pots.





HERB BARREL: Full to the brim!, I had to yank the cilantro, it went to seed and woody. More room now for the sage.





LETTUCE BARREL: Still growing, but it is really the NASTURTIUM BARREL, lots of red flowers popping up all over the place. Next year it will be the BLUEBERRY BARREL!





VEGGIE GARDEN: Stupid me thought I planted pole beans, I planted BUSH BEANS. By the end of this month, beans a plenty. Lots of SHELL PEA'S. The COSMOS in the Garden are HUGE, and I do have the PURITY about to bloom. TOMATOES, taken over everything, crowding my peppers, I have lots on the YELLOW PEAR, very few started on the AMISH PASTE, now flowers are just starting, and a few tiny ones.HABANRRO PEPPERS, CAYENNE , and SWEET all dong great, lots of big fruits. DILL is beautiful and smells heavenly. CHIVES are getting used all the time. The EGGPLANTS are beautiful plants and flowering nicely, no real fruit yet. I have picked four ZUCCHINI"S, and they come from the biggest plants I have ever seen. The CUCUMBERS are coming along just fine.



And all the FLOWERS in the garden are growing and flowering beautifully, and a big group of my PURITY COSMO'S are about to flower!!!! Okay, what else, carrots, getting a bit of shade right now, but growing, RADISHES ...have been eaten, BEETS... will be eaten tomorrow nite. And that does it for the VEGGIE GARDEN.






THE GREAT PUMPKIN PATCH, my favorite spot in the backyard, architecturally beautiful, and growing even better, I have been clipping off little pumpkins to make big ones, hopefully! The COSMOS are looking so great with the NASTURTIUM'S, that whole corner looks so nice, I can't wait to expand on that area. So, little and big are looking really good.






UNDER WINDOW, The mess needs weeding ,but it all flowered, the COSMOS, NASTURTIUMS, and CORNFLOWERS, all look good!!!






So, the weather has been cold, we have had EIGHT DAYS of summer, I am very happy with what I have!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cranberry Wild Rice Bread....MMMMMMMM

Potato Zucchini pancakes

A Perfect Day