A Perfect Day


It is foggy and dark outside. A perfect day to let the mind wander. It is a full day of Julia Child today, that's been fun this morning. I will get to the movie, maybe this week. Julie & Julia I think it's called. But I learned the secret of popovers! You learn something new everyday. Don't use a pan, use separate custard cups, leaving room between them for the heat to circle, and that is what will make them really pop up. I think I will make some on Monday, I will be home for dinner, so I will make popovers and a shrimp salad. I will be able to use fresh peas. And I am making pesto, Have everything I need, think I will freeze in ice cube trays, then use when needed. And If I want fresh pesto, I only need to buy a container of basil, add a few ice cubes, made it stretch. Pick Sage to dry also, and I have a sage that is getting crowded out, gonna have to move that baby to it's own pot. And with this rain, weeds are growing again. I am hoping Monday is a sunny hot day, I will need to spend time back there after this week-end.

I am trying to decide on tulips. I only have so much space for them, and I have chosen way too many! So I have to go with a blend, and one color that I must have. I just need to get it down to one!!! I think I can do a grouping in front of each lily bed, and in the sunflower bed. And that is it! So I can order two groups of mixed in different heights, and for the sunflower I want orange, red, and yellow, one will be a variegated. I noticed allot of pink and orange in my garden. They never have been my favorite colors, but I am getting rather attached to orange and yellow. It is everywhere in the garden. I like tulips. And here they will be blooming at the end of June. It has been a very cold summer. A friend in Grand Marais had a gorgeous tulip bed along her driveway. The flower heads where huge, and the bouquets where so beautiful. I think it will make a nice early summer statement. Especially since I start flowers from seed. I only bought a few Cosmo's on sale, pansy's and the rest has been seed. Except for the big urn. My orange and red cross to bear. So unhappy with the way it is looking right now.

I need to get going and make some lunch for myself, needs to be a good one ,since I go to work, I won't eat again till I get home at eleven. Now, I really have to think.... Ham and cheese omelet wins... I think.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cranberry Wild Rice Bread....MMMMMMMM

Potato Zucchini pancakes