Poetry Project

Every once in a blue moon, I get really sappy and write really bad poetry for a few months. Been a few years since I put anything to paper. So I rounded up my older ones and what the hell, I will add them here. No one will ever read how really terrible they are anyway. So here it goes.....

Years

After all these years
he winks the same.
But his smile is no longer that.
I see only a smirk.
He thinks
my failures
are because I shut him out.
It took me to long
to realize my failures
where because I let him in.


My Brother

When he died,
I buried his broken heart
I buried his sad smile
I buried his pain
I could not bury his memory
I took it from him as he lay
so still, so cold.
His memories became entwined with mine.
I refuse to let go.
The memories of his childhood,
we shared together.
When his heart was whole,
and his laughter was true.
I hold the memories of when he became broken.
His reality
shattered by death.
Dearly I hold the memories of his being
lost in this world.
Every moment of everyday
his memories stay locked within me.
The nite he felt so alone,
So lost in his own life.
A memory of my own tears and pain.
A voice over miles of telephone line.
A crash, no pain, come home.
I buried my brother
When he died
I inherited his
broken heart,
I inherited his
sad smile. his forced laughter.
I inherited his pain.


No Voice

When you are poor
You have no voice
Invisibility is your only possession
Life does not come as an adventure
It comes as a burden
Your choices are none
Responsibility's are many
When you are poor
You are just poor

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cranberry Wild Rice Bread....MMMMMMMM

Potato Zucchini pancakes

A Perfect Day