Poetry Project II

This one was written when I lived in Grand Marais. Had the cutest cabin on a little hill, view of the
lake when no leaves where on the trees, and I had lots of those! It was a really magical place. Allot of great memories where made there.

Oh, Hell

Panic is setting in
pipes are gurgling
Snow is hiding the sun
and where in the hell
is
eagle
mountain?

Driveway, it has vanished
sucked under mountains of snow
shovel hidden where the sidewalk used to be
and where in the hell
is
the snowplow?

Fighting the frigid wind
holding my own in a very
fragile state
wondering how to subdue the panic
that is setting in
and where in the hell
is my
Prozac
prescription?



The Point

Get straight to the point
don't addle me with idea's
the pain is just so great
Spare me your little squabble
'fore I am always right.
Remember to yawn when I speak
I've been programmed five days a week
Intellectually stimulating
I haven't a clue
Might of stepped on it
wearing my working shoe
My mind held hostage
Consider the circumstance
consider the cost
So, get straight to the point
don't lead me astray
What's left of me now
May never find it's way


Falling

Do I fall into your kisses
Are the sheets worth wrinkling
Am I fondly remembered for my nites
to be picked up
then
forgotten by daylite
Does my name
Whisper on your smile
or,
A distraction during your day


My Mistake

"Women lie to make others
feel better
Men lie to make themselves
feel better."
It began
as a very
sweet gesture...
I only used
a small
little lie
to make your
day feel better
To make your words
seem stronger
My mistake...
It gave you
the opportunity
to use my
little lie
to make
yourself
seem so
much better
than you
really
are


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cranberry Wild Rice Bread....MMMMMMMM

Potato Zucchini pancakes

A Perfect Day