A Good Day.....

I know exactly how he feels!!! Just came in from planting a few more things. The cypress vine went in, but I put it in a stupid place... the gourd wall is pretty much going to cover it up, unless I can twine it thru the gourd wall too. I planted lots, so time will tell. Spaghetti Squash, and a few Big Max Pumpkins, the rest of the Teddy Bear Sunflowers. I have two empty hills, I'll be going Greenhouse shopping this week. Need annuals for containers, the blueberry plants, the strawberry set-up. A few more herbs, tomato plants. That is it. A friend of the family is bringing me a stack of cut square posts for the retaining wall tomorrow morning. Fix the end up and plant some ground cover for now, something that will creep over the side. The thing is, this end of the garden is built up by ripped up grass from making it larger. I would like to plastic it over for next fall, but that will look so ugly! Think of something, I could make a wall of cosmos go all the way , and that would hide the plastic. Every day I change something. Or think of something else I want to do. Still have to work on the window bed. Yuck!!! It is a mess. I could swear there is stuff coming up all ready, and it is not all weeds!!! That dirt is really warm. If it doesn't start raining in the next few hours, I have to go water. 
Last year I thought the garden would fail, because it was a first year, the soil sucked, I only brought in bags of compost and dirt. And way too much miracle grow!!!! But it had a slow start, then took off really nicely. So, I hope I am not disappointed this year, I have worked very hard to make it look nice and be very productive. 
I checked out all my dried flowers that I have stacked on the back shelf, seeing what different flowers I need , so I can have a variety. Then start doing something with them!!!! 
Doesn't this sound good.... Zucchini blossoms stuffed with buffalo mozzarella , and dipped in tempura and flash fried.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cranberry Wild Rice Bread....MMMMMMMM

Potato Zucchini pancakes

A Perfect Day