Old Tea Towels


Whenever I finally get to sit and write...I loose every thought I had planned on writing about. It seems lately I have become really stretched thin. Several notebooks with things to do, directions,plans, to busy organizing everything, I am not getting anything done. Thinking up new projects, I still have projects that need to be finished!!! Now I want to make rag rugs. what the hell is that about? They are cool, and I have lots of material, I think. I hope I did not give it all away when I cleaned the art closet out!!! I tend to do that, that is why I hate throwing things out, I may not use it at the time I get it, but down the road I eventually use it. But , between getting it and using it... if I got the down size bug... things get thrown away or given away.

Now, back to the rug idea. I saw one made with old bath towels. I don't think that is a good idea, strings all over the place. Raggy old tea towels and all the cotton material I have would do better. But the towel one was really plush. I will do a sample one for myself . I have allot of old towels. Time to beg for some fabric. People out there.... please , if you have any fabric or towels you want to get rid of...I will take all and be very happy for your kindness. I just have to pick up some backing, and I think I am going to make some throw rugs!!!

The list of things gets longer... I need to read up on my photography, I need to read up on bloggers, I need to do some serious writing , I have a stack of books to read, now that the days are getting shorter the brain stuff will start to happen.

I am trying to get as much outside time in as possible. The days have been to beautiful to ignore. I need to enjoy the harvest my garden has brought, walking down by the river, and strolling through neighborhoods looking at gardens. Trees are just starting to turn. I am amazed at the burst of cosmos I have going right now, they are beautiful still. They made that garden. Now when the inside of the garden is pretty much over, the frame of the garden is still blooming like crazy. I have pressed hundreds of leaves and flowers, herbs for the journals I have prepped, now it is just doing all the gluing, sewing and finishing. The really fun part. I have paper mache' ornaments done and all they need are the glitz put on! When the days end at 4:00 pm, these all will get done....................

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cranberry Wild Rice Bread....MMMMMMMM

Potato Zucchini pancakes

A Perfect Day