25 Things that Inspire me.

INSPIRATION

  1. My CAMERA. It may not be the most $$$$$. But it has done me well. I know I have a very good eye. I do wonder what I could achieve with a very good camera and a little guidance, but I'm not doing to bad with what I have!
  2. GRAND MARAIS, MINNESOTA. I have yet to learn everything about this small village on the northern shores of Lake Superior. It is a beautiful small village  the big lake on one side, and big forest's on the other. The people who live in this town have a rich history. It is filled with talent, kindness, and eclectic people with the knowledge of what hardship can be. But they live here because of the beauty that surrounds them.
  3. PINTEREST and FACEBOOK. The pages and groups that FB offer are filled with inspiration and idea's. You are able to see how creative people can really be. 
  4. A BOX of CRAYOLA CRAYONS. You got to love CRAYONS. The first art most of us did- CRAYONS played a big part. The colors in the box where so exotic to me as a child. Magenta, Carnation, and my favorite-Sienna!
  5. My DAD. He was a welder by trade. And is artistic side was vast. I remember the birdhouse's he made from dowels. They where beautiful log homes. He did everything with perfection.
  6. My BROTHER KEVIN. He was a Storyteller, his imagination was a wonderful and crazy ride.
  7. PAPER. As a kid, I watched it come down from the bush in logs, fill the river to to the mill. My Uncles all worked in that mill. I never was out of paper! Big stacks of clean white paper, huge rolls of dusty pink to roll across the floor and the be entertained for hours.
  8. POETS. I love poetry. One of my favorite poets is Robert Service. He wrote about the Yukon, and the men and women who lived for the rush of gold. He started as a British clerk who got wanderlust and ran to the Yukon to find it. When I read him, I feel like I could do anything I want, the adventure is only one footstep away. You just need to take that step.
  9. GARDENS. They are great photo op's! It is amazing how each day can bring changes. Gardens are a gift to us from the earth.
  10. MAGAZINES. My bathroom has a stack, next to my chair has a stack, stacks everywhere. Food, Gardening, Culture, I read them all. Now I get a lot on my Kindle. But I really don't like reading them on that machine. I love to hold them. And you van't do anything creative when they are stuck on a machine!
  11. VINCENT VAN GOGH. His paintings sing to me. I got in trouble at the Kansas City Museum for touching one of his paintings. But it was so worth it! " If you hear a voice within you saying '' You are not a painter. Then by all means paint... and that voice will be silences."
  12. EVERYDAY LIFE. This is starting to bring in a little more inspiration  I need to take this life and see it with a richer and more lively view. It's a good life, I need to embrace that.
  13. ROCKS. As a family we spent many hours on the shore agate hunting. One of the first books I took out of the library as a child was a book on Geology. I wanted to be a Geologist when I grew up. I'm still fascinated by rocks. Every walk gets a little heavier coming home. Rocks speak to me, and my hall closet is filled with shouts and whispers of more rocks than I know what to do with.
  14. BALLOONS. They just make me smile!!!!
  15. YARN. I have five baskets of inspiration.
  16. TRAINS. The loneliest sound is the sound of a train whistle. Trains have played a large part in my life since birth. I miss the sound of trains. They bring adventure, but to me it they also sing a song of loneliness.
  17. DOORS. I am always wondering what peoples lives are like once they close the door. The heavy wooden ones, the brightly painted ones. I think a door tells the story of the people who chose it.
  18. ROYALTY. Kings and Queens. The strength you must harness to rule, and the weakness you must keep hidden. I just find the European history so interesting. I always think what would life be, to rule??????? I bet ya it's not a fun job!
  19. MY MIND. I think I have more idea's than I know what to do with. And because I get confused, then frustrated, then nothing gets done. I need to focus on one thing, push the rest away.
  20. The MOON. It's beautiful!!!!
  21. FABERGE and UKRAINIAN EGGS. The craftsmanship is amazing. Both style of eggs are at opposite ends of the spectrum. One was made for royalty and the other was made by peasant women. But, both are beautiful.
  22. CHEF'S. The creativity that they bring to food thrills me. And they inspire me to try different foods. I might not be able to eat a lot of the food I am inspired to make, but it is enjoyed by others. Food brings us together, and every meal should be a celebration of the food and the people who partake.
  23. TREE'S. Strength with beauty. Tree's are amazing gifts from mother nature.
  24. THUNDER STORMS. I love storms. And I get a lot accomplished in a storm. They bring out the creative side of me, with every raindrop I can feel the magic.
  25. MUSED. A wonderful FB page and blog created by Michelle Inman Quesada. To me this blog has re-kindled who I want to become. Made me  want to be proud of what I have done and what I can do. Sharing what I do is becoming easier, and maybe I am good at what I do. The encouragement that I have gotten is priceless. I'm finally enjoying what I share. http://musingsinwonderland.wordpress.com/ I want to thank you Michelle for helping me find my inspiration, for encouraging me, and believing in my dreams of living a creative life.







Comments

  1. What a great list! I'm a part of the Mused community and I'm always looking for new sources of inspiration. Your post here has me thinking I should create and post my own list!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cranberry Wild Rice Bread....MMMMMMMM

A Perfect Day

The Magic Shovel