Greek Cucumber Salad.

I'm finally getting to this recipe! Well in the North cucumber's are still growing. And who know's maybe it's the beginning of summer for someone!!!! At least it is now off my To-Do list and won't drive me crazy!!!!
This recipe is a great do ahead one. And if you find you have to much dressing in your final dish, drain it out, jar it up, and use it for a salad.

Greek Cucumber Salad

4 English or hot house cucumbers, thinly sliced
1 container Feta Cheese, to crumble
1 Red Onion, thinly sliced
Sea Salt, to taste
Fresh Dill, or any Herb of your choice
Zest of 1 Lemon
2 Teaspoons lemon Pepper
4 cloves of Garlic
Base of the Vinaigrette
1/2 Cup White Wine Vinegar
1/2 cup Lite Olive Oil, or Canola
Juice of 1 Lemon
1/4 Cup of Honey
Add all these ingredient's into a jar, along with the Lemon Zest, Lemon Pepper, and Garlic. I put a little Sea Salt in my pestle bowl throw the cloves in and smash it to bits. Shake, Shake, Shake!!!!!
If I was stranded on a desert island and could only take two items...My Mandolin and Zester would be it!!!!
Pour this mixture over your Cucumbers, Onions, and Dill. It's really nice if you let it sit in the fridge for a few hours to marinate. When your ready to serve it, crumble the Feta cheese over the top. You now have a GREAT TASTING Salad!!!!!
I use a low Serving Dish to put this out in. It's great for Picnic's because of the use of a Vinaigrette.
Enjoy with friends, be happy and always have FUN!!!!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cranberry Wild Rice Bread....MMMMMMMM

A Perfect Day

The Magic Shovel